Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Oh, the Joys of Walking!


"The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. 
The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." 

~Charles Dickens


My latest read, The Joys of Walking (a collection of public domain works published by Dover),
is the inspiration behind the Wednesday Words of Wisdom selection for today!!

I LVE walking.

Not only do I love and enjoy the fresh air, sunshine, rain, and exercise, but
walking makes me feel inspired.
The minute my feet hit the ground, the ideas start flowing;
solutions and possibilities come faster than I could ask for them!!
...Apparently, many of my favorite walkers- like Thoreau, Emerson, and Dickens, have reported the same phenomenon!!

Wondering what else is on my bookshelf right now?
...Well, it's a fanciful concoction!!
...made of bits of fascinating pirate lore, circus train history, and 17th and 18th fashion design.
...And a little Fairies and Enchantment too!!



Inspiration abounds=)...

...Heading out for a walk now!!


Love,
MademoiselleMermaid

No comments:

Post a Comment