Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Radiant Orchid: Color of the Year 2014


Along with each new year comes the fun of dreaming new dreams, setting inspiring goals, decluttering my space, 'n re-energizing my life for a fresh start!!

But there's another, not-so-obvious thing that I look forward to 
with the new year....It's the revealing of Pantone's Color of the Year!!

This time around, I'm delighted to find it's an exotic shade of pinky-purple, called Radiant Orchid.
According to Pantone, "Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates joy, love and health."
...I love the sound of that!!

...and I LVE featuring it here, in an imaginative interpretation of a  
Hawaiian lei necklace!! 
This charming, tropical piece features hand-knotted glass pearls, a rhinestone brooch, and orchid fabric flowers!!




If you've made it part of your mission in 2014 to dress more creatively and develop your personal style, then the color of the year is a great jumping-off point!! A brilliant Radiant Orchid lipstick would be fine introduction...or the color would be divinely beautiful mixed with red and pink in a large-scale floral print!!

...Lavender is lovely alongside Radiant Orchid, and I also love lush shades of green as a complement, accessorizing the color as nature does!!



Love,
MademoiselleMermaid


No comments:

Post a Comment