Monday, August 1, 2016

Mermaid Monday : Unicorns and Rainbows

I had a lot of fun this past weekend, getting my home refreshed with a few rainbow and unicorn themed DIY projects!! 


Rainbow crochet granny square blanket project.

Crocheting rainbow granny squares, in sensational neon colors, was just the kind of creative project I needed on a very hot summer's afternoon. These versatile motifs are great to make sitting at the beach under an equally colorful umbrella, in the shade of a favorite tree at the park, or even at home in front of a fan- with something lovely to sip on!!

A deep navy blue border ups the sophistication of my color palette I think, and I can't wait to keep plugging along at my first ever crochet blanket!!

Rainbow crochet granny square blanket project.

For a quicker, instant gratification project, I'm enjoying stashbusting with a few colorful and flowery crochet garlands. They look gorgeous and gypsy-like hanging in a window or around a mirror. This one's from my all-time favorite crochet book, Cute & Easy Crochet with Flowers by Nikki Trench.

Crochet flower garland.



...Or how about some glitter painting during a crochet break?! No photo frame in my home is safe from my unicorn-inspired palette of violet, aqua, lavender, and glitter galore!!

Crochet flower garland.


I hope you had an inspiring, exciting, and colorful weekend too!!



Happy Mermaid Monday!!
Love,
MademoiselleMermaid

No comments:

Post a Comment