Monday, April 4, 2016

Mermaid Make : Rainbow Crochet Vest




If you see me in my day-to-day wardrobe, then you know I'm obsessed with this retro vest pattern from Red Heart. In fact, I'm currently picking out colors from my stash for vest number six!!

The first one I made was a sensible and versatile, natural-colored version, with just a touch of burgundy. Next came the pastel little number that I love to contrast with a black and red rose print dress. Third was the infamous must-have of Winter 2015..the Ugly Christmas sweater, in obligatory red 'n green, and I cheerfully followed it up with this electric rainbow edition- heavy on the hot pink and aqua!! Last but certainly not least, to makes its début...is the rose garden-inspired one you see me basking in a #SundayFunday glow with (below). After a stitch 'n beach morning, I very appropriately wove in all the ends while sitting among the bounty of roses in Palisades Park.


It's a great project for me on-the-go, since I'm working with small, left-over yarn balls, and I must say, that I am absolutely putting these makes to work!! Using them to tie together a mixed floral print look, styling them over long sleeve thermals in the winter, or over a spaghetti strap dress for spring...I'm finding endless ways to mix them into my wardrobe!!

If you fancy stitching one up yourself, do click below!!...

Find the Granny Motif Vest pattern by Red Heart here.


Love,
MademoiselleMermaid

No comments:

Post a Comment