Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Happy Un-birthday, Lewis Carroll!!

There are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get un-birthday presents, and only one for birthday presents, you know.

~Lewis Carroll



Lewis Carroll's fanciful works of
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass
have been endless sources of inspiration for me over the years...
From lacy little leg warmers, to black and white striped stockings, and delicate crochet gloves fit for an afternoon tea with the queen...
Alice is a theme that often appears in my everyday dress...
...and my fashion line too!!

In celebration of Lewis Carroll's birthday this week, I've been reflecting on some of the many ways his stories have influenced my work...
...and I've been having a blast re-watching the Disney classic and even attending a lecture on his life and work!!

Lewis Carroll self portrait
 Born January 27, 1832




A very Happy Un-Birthday to Lewis Carroll!!
...and a Happy Un-Birthday to you too!!
Love,
MademoiselleMermaid

No comments:

Post a Comment