Monday, March 28, 2016

Mermaid Make : BurdaStyle Raglan Lace Dress


I’ve had this gorgeous purple/plum on black Hawaiian print rayon challis fabric in my stash for quite a while!! 
...I love the large scale of the print, so I wanted to create a long, muumuu-like garment to show it off to the max!!
The Raglan Lace Dress pattern by BurdaStyle turned out to be a great pick for this fabric. I love the loose, flowing silhouette, and the lace ruffle detailing really takes the glamour up a notch=)!!
I sewed the smallest size, added a bit more fabric to the hem ruffle (to make it more ruffly!), and added a kimono-style sash to accent the waist.
I think it makes a gorgeous dressing gown and feels luxurious to wear while relaxing at home in the evening. My muslin mock-up also makes an excellent cotton night gown, I am finding!!



Be sure to check out my project page on BurdaStyle for more details, notes, and pics!!
Love,
MademoiselleMermaid

1 comment:

  1. Every fashion-loving lady has the moment of exciting while wearing dress.The dress make the lady more beautiful in anytime. You are really good at discovering fashion.It is hard to find the fashion and budget dress.I found the cool website Gearbest lace mermaid dress is fashion and good.What is your opinion?

    ReplyDelete